Valentines Day is one of many perfect opportunities to bond with someone you love! This day is a little extra special because it’s specifically dedicated to express your devotion of someone. What a perfect day to express your love for your family by spending time with them. Whether it’s just a sibling or your entire family, here are 9 great activities to do with them that’ll make each of you feel the love!
- Make a heart shaped breakfast. How fun would it be to shape your bacon slices, pancakes and pieces of fruit into the shapes of hearts? It’s a great way to spend an hour in the kitchen with your family, and extremely fun to make!
- Write love notes on fruit. If you’re looking to make your mom and dad smile, you and a sibling can write love notes on the skin of fruit and put them around the house for them to find. Find a sharpie and scribble something cute on skins of bananas, oranges and apples. It’s less time consuming, but equally as fun. Just be careful to not lose them around the house, or that a pet doesn’t eat it!
- Make Valentine Slime! A classic activity to do with your family is crafts! Something fun and simple to do is to make slime! Just mix 2 bottles of glue, liquid starch, 3 parts water, red food coloring and glitter to create a fun toy that’ll just ooze with your love for your family!
- Make a fruit pizza. Making a yummy, fruity pizza is a fun way to spend time with your family! It’ simple to make and a delicious reward once you’re all done. Just use a sugar cookie recipe as the base, layer on vanilla yogurt and create a heart out of strawberries and raspberries on top.
- Pass out love notes. With your family, you can pass out love notes to the public! On pink sticky notes, write a cute, uplifting quote and stick it to an object in public. People will see them and smile, or even take them to keep! This is a great way to feel the love with your family while also spreading it!
- Play Secret Valentine. Why not play a game of secret Valentine with your family? Make sentimental homemade cards and gifts and exchange them between one another. Afterwards, reveal who was whose valentine!
- Attach candy to balloons. Something you can do for your family is attaching their favorite candy to a balloon and leaving it by their bed for them to wake up to! This is a fun and inexpensive way to surprise your family and make them feel great!
- Pass out balloons. Pass along the warm feelings by distributing balloons to your neighbors with your family! You can blow up Valentine colored balloons, write notes like “Be mine” and venture around the neighborhood and pass them out! Not everyone has someone to spend Valentines Day with, so getting something as personal as a fun balloon is sure to lift their spirits.
- Decorate the family vehicle. Why not do a crafty project such as cutting out hearts and attaching them to your family’s car? It’s a bit time consuming, but fun to do. You’ll be able to ride around town running errands with your parents, and seeing the smiles on people’s faces when they see a heart covered car.
Spending time with your family on Valentines Day is a great way to show your love. How we love others is a gift we receive from our family, so Valentines Day is the perfect opportunity to flaunt the amazing gift. By loving our family it becomes easier for us to love others! With plenty of quirky and cute activities to do on Valentines Day, it’s sure to be a heartwarming blast! Connect with us online and tell us what you and your family did for Valentines Day by using the hashtag #FamilyVDay.