You may not be into the whole corsage custom for prom. Perhaps you’re not a traditional girl, or you see it as being old fashioned. Maybe you don’t have a date and don’t want to worry about the extra hassle. Possibly you’re an environmentalist or you don’t want to waste money on something that’ll die. Regardless of your reasoning, we have some unique corsage ideas for you. This prom, wear a beautiful corsage that isn’t the typical wrist or lapel decoration by placing a typical corsage in new location or by creating an entirely new ensemble. Here are fourteen ideas for you to try:
- Wear a necklace or bracelet designed with flowers.
- Pin flowers on your clutch to carry around.
- Craft a necklace with tasseled flowers running along the nape of your dress.
- Wear an entire crown of flowers, real or silk, on your head.
- Decorate your updo with a single flower in your hair.
- Add flowers to your shoes or wear them with an anklet if you’re wearing a cocktail style dress.
- Don an artistic and elaborate armband.
- Create a brooch out of beads, fabric, ribbons, lace, feathers and other decorative items for a vintage arrangement.
- Similarly, design a cuff out of fabric flowers, ribbons, beads, lace, burlap, twigs, pearls, rhinestones and feathers.
- Dress up your fingers by wearing a ring made of flowers.
- Make a flower corsage out of craft paper.
- Place your corsage on the strap of your dress and let it drape along your shoulder or back.
- Design a corsage out of vintage brooches and other materials.
- Fashion a corsage out of feathers.
Send us a picture of your #CreativeCorsage via Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Instagram or Email.