Create an artsy backdrop to your room with these seven simple steps.
- Picture frames
- Glue or hammer and nails
- Paint and paintbrush (optional)
- Select picture frames that will be easy to mount together. Remove the backing, paper and glass. Consider finding frames from a local consignment store for a cheaper project. The picture frames can be any shape or size depending on how big you’d like your artwork and how decorative you’d like it to be. You can select frames that are all the same size and style, or you can create a diverse art piece with a variety of frames.
- Arrange your frames in the order that you’d like them. Be sure to overlap each frame a couple inches for better security and hold. Take a picture of your arrangement.
- Mark where you’d like to connect each frame and turn them face down.
- Secure each frame with glue or hammer and nails. If the frames are wood, then a hammer and nails will be more secure. If the frames are heavy or large, then you may need something with a little more hold than just glue.
- Once you’ve secured each frame together, paint the front of the frames to cover any mess ups, to hide any sides or backs that are exposed or to simply make your artwork look more compatible.
- Measure and mark your wall where you want to hang your artwork. It’s probably best to have it hanging on several nails to ensure that it’s stable.
Step back and marvel at the work you’ve created