Finding the perfect shade to match your mood and your skin tone
God has made you beautifully from the top of your head to the tips of your toes. Now, you want your beauty to shine and reflect who you are inside and out. Let your makeup be a key ingredient to presenting your personality to the world. Express yourself through your lip color.
Your lipstick shade can say a lot about you. Believe it or not, your hue of choice can signal to others whether you’re daring or laid-back, flirty or gentle, or fierce or sweet. So when you’re picking a shade, think about what will be flattering to your skin tone and your personality. Draw people to your lips and your spirit!
When you’re feeling bold, reach for red to highlight your lips. Since every skin tone has a different color palette, the right red for you may be completely wrong for someone else.
If you have a fair complexion, go for a coral red. It’ll add that daring dash of color but, won’t overpower your light skin.
- Sun-kissed skin goes really well with classic red lips. Shades that are more neutral, rather than orange or blue-based, are the perfect match for a gold-infused complexion.
- Olive-skinned ladies do well with a pinker shade of red to balance the yellow undertones of their skin.
- Ladies with darker skin tones can pull off the red look by choosing a deeper, blue-based shade that won’t contrast harshly with your natural coloring.
If you’re feeling fun and flirty, then pink is the color for you. Make your mood accompany your skin tone to create the perfect match.
- The bright, bubblegum-pink look can be stunning on the right girl. Fair-skinned ladies find that this classic color works well. The contrast created by the bright tones adds some much-needed color into your skin.
Girls with tanner skin will want to go for crisp, clear colors. So, if you have a golden complexion, chose a brighter shade of hot pink.
- Olive skin with light pink lips is a match made in heaven. Create a fun and flirty look with light pink lips!
- Dark skinned girls will want to go for a purple-toned pink. Think Fuchsia!
Go for an adventurous shade of purple if you have a thrilling spirit! Be smart about the shade of purple you use, because not every shade will look exciting with your skin tone.
- Fair skin and purple lipstick go hand in hand. Since most light-skinned ladies have cool undertones, you can basically have your pick at whatever shade suits your fancy.
- Medium-skinned girls should be careful when choosing a purple lip color because too much blue may wash you out. Try a berry hue that walks the line between red and purple.
Olive-skinned beauties should veer away from bright purples and try out a purple-pink, mauve hue instead. Since this color is so dark, it won’t bring out the yellow in your complexion like other shades might.
- Purple is perfection on dark skin. Anything from violet to plum will look good on your skin, so definitely experiment to discover which shade fits your personality best.
For days when you are feeling sweet and gentle, go for a nude lip! Finding harmony between your skin tone and your personality will make you feel nurtured all day.
- Nude lipstick for fair skin should lean more towards pink than beige. The extra color will keep your skin from looking too monochromatic.
- Golden skin can benefit from a glossy or shimmery nude. The extra sparkle will help make you look all the more sun-kissed!
- If you have olive skin, you’ll definitely want to invest in some nude lipstick. Lucky for you, this color will match your skin beautifully, whether it is dark or light, pink or beige!
- For dark-skinned girls, a nude that’s just a shade or two lighter than your complexion looks best. The lighter color will brighten your face and a touch of gloss will finish your look with a dewy glow.
Now that you know which shade is right for you, show us how you use your favorite color to compliment your beautiful spirit. Post your pictures on Facebook or #niNeLoves.