Mascara is a “girl’s best friend,” or so many claim. It brings definition to their eyes, adding intensity to their favorite feature. It lifts their eyes when they’re feeling down, brightens their eyes when they’re feeling tired and even opens their eyes when they’re feeling uncertain. Why wouldn’t they love this wondrous wand? But, it’s impossible to love this magnificent tool if it’s not being used correctly. Misuse could result in disaster, or just drab looking eyes. No one wants that! Here are seven tips to ensure proper application every time you swipe your mascara wand.
1) Curling your lashes before applying mascara helps to establish greater coverage.
2) Use a primer prior to applying your mascara to maintain equal coverage.
3) Gently wiggle your mascara wand in a back-and-forth motion from root to tip to separate lashes while helping them look longer and thicker.
4) Apply two coats. But, do one eye at a time to ensure the mascara doesn’t dry between coats.
5) Water resistant formulas aren’t only to prevent streaking when crying, they also prevent smudging, budging, clumping or flaking.
6) Use eye make-up remover rather than a facial cleanser when removing mascara. Not only are your eyes a sensitive area, but mascara is made of some pretty hardy material that clings to lashes. Eye make-up remover has a special formula to help breakdown mascara while still being sensitive to your baby blues.
7) Replace your mascara every 6 months. Yes, even if you still have half a tube left. It’s important to freshen up your make-up regularly, and mascara is not where you want to be stingy.
What mascara tips do you want to share with other readers? Or, what make-up tips would you like us to cover in future issues? Message us on Facebook, #niNebeauty or send us an email.