Whether you’re going for a hike or just planning to scale the library stairs, granola is a great snack to stash in your bag. A healthy granola recipe will allow you to add a variety of flavors, so every day can offer something a little different. Or, you can just stick to your favorite standby. It’s super simple to make and easy to munch on any time of day. Along with being ridiculously delicious, granola is full of nutrition-packed ingredients that give you lasting energy. So, throw those not-so-healthy snacks back in the pantry, and give yourself a half hour over the weekend to make your granola.
Healthy Granola Recipe Ingredients:
LIQUID SWEETENER – ¼ c
- Maple syrup
SUGAR – ¼ c
- Brown Sugar
- White Granulated Sugar
- Sugar in the Raw
OIL – ¼ c
- Coconut Oil
- Vegetable Oil
- Grapeseed Oil
VANILLA EXTRACT – ½ tsp
SALT – 1 tsp
OPTIONAL SPICE – 1 ½ tsp
- Pumpkin Pie Spice
- Ground Cinnamon
OPTIONAL FLAVOR BOOST – ¼ c
- Peanut Butter
TRADITIONAL OATS – 2 cups
NUTS/SEEDS – ½ c
- Almond Slivers
- Sunflower Seeds
- Pumpkin Seeds
MIX INS – 1 c
- Banana Chips
- Dried Cranberries
- Dried Blueberries
- Dried Cherries
- Shredded Coconut
- Trail Mix
- Candy Coated Chocolate
Directions for How to Make This Healthy Granola Recipe
- Preheat oven to 325* F.
- Use nonstick cooking spray to coat a rimed baking sheet.
- In a large bowl, whisk together your choice of one liquid sweetener, one oil, one sugar, vanilla extract and salt. If you’re using a flavor boost or spice, whisk it in as well.
- Fold in oats.
- Spread your mixture evenly across the baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Take granola out of the oven and give it a stir with a spatula so it will brown evenly. (It’s much easier to remove your baking sheet from the oven to do this so you don’t burn yourself or accidentally spill granola in the oven).
- Return pan to oven and bake for another 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and add your choice of nuts/seeds (totaling ½ cup) then bake for another 5 to 10 minutes or until the granola is an even golden-brown color.
- Remove from oven and add 1 cup of your creative combination of mix-ins.
- Let granola cool to room temperature before dividing into 1 cup serving sizes, placed in zip top bags so you’ll have perfect portions for your busy week.
This healthy granola recipe can easily be doubled or tripled so you have extra to share with your family or friends.
Use a creative combination of whatever you find while raiding your cupboard and share your favorite flavor with us on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram!
Fun and Healthy Granola Recipe Flavor Inspiration
Easiest Granola – vegetable oil, honey, cinnamon, trail mix.
Pumpkin Spice – vegetable oil, maple syrup, pumpkin pie spice, dried cranberries, pumpkin seeds.
Peanut Butter – vegetable oil, honey, cinnamon, peanut butter, peanuts, banana chips, candy coated chocolate.
Coconut – coconut oil, cinnamon, almond slivers, shredded coconut, dried cherries.